Saturday, June 12, 2010

Leftover Pork Tenderloin Version 2

I still have a few pieces of the pork tenderloin and biscuits left from June 8 and decided to turn one into a special meal and eat it for brunch since it’s so fattening. So I went to the garden and worked my tomatoes then came in and cooled off a bit and ate about 10am – skipped lunch.

Bev cooked for us and reheated the pork and biscuit the same as on June 10, then made some quick gravy using Pioneer Peppered Gravy Mix.



I’m more of a sausage gravy with lots of meat kinda guy, but in the absence of pan drippings and a desire for white gravy, this was pretty good stuff. Reminded me of what was on my chicken fried steak meals in Texas and Bev said this is the way to make gravy. It’s just the mix and water, but she decided to use milk, which made it especially creamy. I could eat biscuits and gravy every day, but I’d weigh a ton if I did and I need to be going the other way. I still have a few pieces of the meat left, so stay tuned.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

Larry

7 comments:

  1. Biscuits and gravy...mmmmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gotta love biscuits and gravy....my wife does not like biscuits..sigh...being a southern boy, I know the true value of biscuits and gravy!
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum......... Looks fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never made sausage gravy. I really have to remedy that. I'm on my way to read the post you suggested. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you, Larry. I'd prefer sausage gravy but when I don't have pan drippings, I have used a mix before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous of the things you can do with leftovers! Luckily for me, I'm not a gravy sort of girl. It cuts down on my calories a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Larry.... I LOVE biscuits and gravy too.... That gravy looks about perfect to me.... Yum!

    Have a good weekend.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments