Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Easy Stroganoff

I’ve been wanting beef stroganoff for a while, but didn’t want to put a lot of effort into it tonight and remembered a Paula Deen recipe that looked pretty good on her show. I used a choice sirloin for the meat, cremini mushrooms and homemade beef stock – otherwise just followed the recipe. Pretty simple to prepare – which is what I was looking for. I’m a long ways from a stroganoff expert, but thought it turned out good and satisfied the urge. Yes Rhett, it's a meal worth a picture or two. (This was for our son serving in Korea who I think makes fun of my food pics).

Sliced the meat and tossed in flour seasoned with Tiger Seasoning and browned.


Cooked up the other items per the directions and ended up with a nice sauce.


Plated over the egg noodles – that turned out to be a big plate full, but I managed to eat it all.


When things are in a knot, I find that they don't seem quite so bad after a good nights sleep. Welcome to fall - my favorite season.

4 comments:

  1. Looks good. Ironically, we were supposed to have beef stroganoff tonight, but it didn't work out due to schedules. Alexis made some with milanesa sliced steak two weeks ago and it was great! Nice dish for the first fall evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy looking at the food and I suspect that I will be more involved with good food preparation when I get more settled into retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been so long since I've made beef stroganoff. Yours looks so delicious. I am going to try it your way and put on the menu for next week!

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like stroganoff with just onions, beef and sour cream. It's a great, easy thing.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments