Saturday, May 8, 2010

Bloggers Get Together

HAPPY DAY TO ALL YOU MOMS OUT THERE.

Greetings fellow bloggers. We’ve posted twice regarding our blogger get together on June 5 at Almost Heaven South, near Greenback,Tn. This will be our final blog post and if you plan to come, we ask that you send an email directly to me at grandpop1@yahoo.com by May 21, and I will correspond directly with you thereafter. The details so far are:

Date: June 5, 2010 – rain or shine
Time : Noon – til everyone leaves, eat at 1:30
Who: Any fellow blogger who’s willing to make the trip and significant other, or not
Food: We thought we’d provide a few main dishes and let everyone else bring their favorite dish. If bringing something is inconvenient don’t let that keep you from coming. We’ll have the kitchen available if you need it and there is a frig, power, and a grill at the dock for keeping items hot or cold.
Drinks: We’ll provide tea and soft drinks but feel free to BYOB.

So if you’d like to meet some of the people you talk with regularly, or you’re just hanging around the house that day, or you need a place to go for a day trip, or a weekend in the smokies, or….., come join us. If you need more info to help decide, contact me at the email above.


And in case you're wondering how hard we're working to make this event happen, here we are slaving away at Dead End BBQ in Knoxville. Left to right it's Chris and Alexis Grove, Katherine Aucoin, and Bev with the sleepy eyes.

And after a hard lunch of planning, an afternoon of errand running, and ridiculously hot weather for early May, I decided a refreshing strawberry margarita would be in order - just toss a hand full of berries in the blender, add about the same amount of made up margaritas, then ice and blend up - very tasty.



I didn't get a pic, but Bev had a strawberry, mango colada - mix up some pina colada's (coconut rum, cream of coconut, pineapple juice) and add to the blender with a few berries and mango chunks. Blend with ice to get a slushy consistency - kind of a fruit smoothie with rum and she loves them.

Hope to see you there and thanks for stopping by.

Larry

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm hoping to come. I'll send an email!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be so much fun to meet all of you... wish I lived closer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Big Dude,

    I'm really hoping to come. Can you email me with an address so I can see how far away I am? I've put Greenback, Tn in MapQuest and it looks like we're not too far from you. We live in Murphy, NC. Please email me at samhoffer (at) gmail (dot) com and I'll see how long it would take us. We would really like to come and look forward to meeting you, Chris, Katherine and everyone.

    Tell Bev happy Mother's Day.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to come but will have to wait for all the photographs. Please take many and post many.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing some great pictures!! If you have time, stop by and check out my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only "slaving away" I recall was over a beer or two, ha ha.

    In retrospect, we should have gotten Timothy our server to take the shot so you could have been in the shot!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments