Sunday, September 20, 2009

Not Your Typical BBQ Meal

We invited some friends over for dinner and an exciting evening of Canasta (that's a card game for you young folks) and decided to cook from what we had around, ala Chez. So it’s sliced brisket - reheated in it’s juice - and burnt ends from Wednesday’s BBQ cook, fried okra, slaw, green bean casserole from some left over blue ribbon pole beans, and homemade bread. Planned to have boiled silver queen corn from the garden but I would have had to wade in mud to pick it - so we passed. Note a typical BBQ meal combo, but mighty fine eatin.


My plate - didn't want the slaw

2 comments:

  1. The weather was a bit wet this weekend, eh Big Dude? I haven't had true silver queen corn since my grandmother passed about 9 years ago. That is some good stuff!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments