Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Long Busy Day - But Worth It

I was whipped by the time the meat was all done yesterday – started at 5:30am and the last meat came off at 7:30pm. Thankfully, my daughter came by and pulled the chicken and pork for me. All-in-all, it was a good day and things came out well. I was running the cooker a little hot to start off and some of the bologna got scorched – I’ll just cut that off and it’ll eat fine.

Here's one of the 6 half chickens.


One of the bologna rounds that was smoked plain. The ones with the rub were the scorched ones - probably due to the sugar in the rub.


The chicken thighs went into pulled chicken. Since legs and wings are a little harder to pull, I just use thighs and breasts.


The trimmed up breasts going to a customer.


The remaining chicken to be pulled.


Some slices from one of the briskets. Both were excellent. If this keeps up, I'm going to start thinking I know how to cook brisket.

The pulled chicken had just a little rub added to finish.


One of the two butts. We forgot to get a pic of the pulled meat, but it looked and tasted great. I add the juice from the foil wrapping, a little rub and salt to finish it up.



It just occurred to me that I didn't get any finished rib or wing pics - sorry bout that. I had a lot going on when they were coming off and some friends stopped by to pick up there order - so I just forgot. Oh well, I'm only a so-so blogging photographer, but the BBQ turned out well and the ribs and wings looked great. I used the same rub on all the ribs, then after smoking, they were single or double glazed with either mild or spicy Tennessee River BBQ Sauce depending upon what is ask for. The wings were smoked for about 2 hours then tossed with Anchor Bar wing sauce and finished in a pan for about 20 minutes per side - which helps deliver bite-thru skin (verses rubbery).

Today will be final clean up and rest up day.

3 comments:

  1. Dude, great job on all... An amazing day's worth of stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just knowing all that you went through today makes me tired. I always look forward to that shower at the end of the day.

    It all looks good but that brisket looks "to die for"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys - the brisket was very good.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments