Friday, October 2, 2009

A few Shots From The Neighborhood

I won't have any food to write about today, unless I take some shots of the leftover pizza I had for breakfast or the Hooter's wings I plan to have for lunch or the who knows what for dinner - leftover something I think. So I thought I'd post a few pics from around the neighborhood taken over the past few days.

This is a shot of our place taken from our neighbor-on the-hill's yard. Notice the hazy Smoky Mountains way off in the background.

Another shot from the neighbors, in another direction. They have a great view.

The neighbors pasture taken from the end of my drive. We love living in the country.

This old oak fought the good fight, but finally gave in to the elements.

Pampas grass at our driveway entrance. The plumes last all winter.

A shot into Bev's garden - there are several of these rock outcroppings around this part or the yard. They didn't show up in the pic, but the flowers are full of lime green colored butterflies.

The old and the new. The old farm barn and smoke house from a long ago farm with the home of the new owner behind. I'm sure glad they decided to keep the old structures.

The same dock that had the ramp at the water line in the shots from a few days ago.

I know I'm getting more serious about this as I took my camera with me when I took Alex to school yesterday. On the way home I got this shot from the ramp of a TVA boat launch area.

West Virginia refers to itself as "Almost Heaven" and as a native West Virginian, I call our place "Almost Heaven - South." Hope you enjoyed the brief tour.

3 comments:

  1. I've said it before, and I will say it again... You are one lucky guy...

    But photos from hooters would have been nice too

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous blue skies. I can guess the 1-2 days this has been taken on in the past week:)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments