Monday, June 13, 2011

Asian Sauteed Cabbage With Egg

Gosh I wish I could do what Bev does (and many of you).  I suggested we whip up an omelet for supper and she wanted to have cabbage, but omelet and slaw didn’t work for either of us nor did using cabbage in any form as stuffing.  So she when into the kitchen and whipped up this dish.

She chopped up some fresh garden cabbage (not quite half a medium head), 2 slices of fried bacon and two pretty big green onions, and sautéed them in olive oil and a little bacon grease.  She seasoned it to taste with 5 Spice Powder, Tiger Seasoning, Sun Luck Hot Chili Garlic Sauce, and S&P.

She cooked it until it was crisp tender then topped it with a fried egg.
I was less than enthusiastic at the thought of this meal, but I’d already said if she made it, I’d eat it and it was actually very good – I wish I could do that.  She sided it with a piece of leftover pork chop and orange and raspberries.
All photos can be enlarged by clicking on them.
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.
One year ago:  Shrimp Salad Ala Lea Ann
Larry

10 comments:

  1. I made a quick dish yesterday with cabbage. I sauted some onions in bacon grease left from breakfast and added polish sausage (bite size pieces) and browned that, threw the cut up cabbage on top and let it cook down. Added seasonings of course and it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you don't give yourself enough credit, you can come up with something like this too :) Though Bev did knock this one out of the park!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cabbage and eggs but don't think I've ever combined them. Love the seasonings that Bev used on the cabbage along with the bacon. Very creative and I can imagine that it was delish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asian but with an American twist! Very creative of Bev. I love cabbage too - especially in stir-fries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Larry... Bev can really think outside of the box! Cabbage and eggs...who knew that would work!? Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. If Bev gets a compliment from you for something that didn't garner much enthusiasm, that's high praise, indeed! It looks pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when odd combinations like this work out in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cabbage cooked like that, and it sounds like Bev got it nice and spicy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did someone say cabbage? Egg? Spicy? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woooo boy, with that hot chili garlic sauce and Tiger sauce, I bet that dish burned a little (but in a good way!). I love sriracha and Tiger sauce but the sriracha is too strong for my family most times.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments