Monday, January 1, 2024

A Few Random Meals Around The Holidays

Happy New Year and thanks for stopping by my blog this past year.

Here are some meals we’ve made recently but I didn’t want to do an entire post on.  The first one is breakfast hash that was inspired by Pam’s post for Skillet Potato Hash WithMushrooms and Bacon on her "For The Love Of Cooking" blog.  I made it to use some mushrooms we had in the fridge and some leftover boiled potatoes.  I generally followed Pam’s recipe except I just used bacon grease rather than cooking bacon and I started with cooked potatoes.  I topped the hash with three small eggs for a delicious breakfast.





Then for Friday cards, I made a double recipe of 15 bean Soup using the recipe from Saving Room For Dessert which we had made before.  We served it with Bev’s Mexican cornbread for a delicious group meal. The double recipe gave us plenty to eat for the pre-Christmas weekend without cooking.


On their last night here, I made a pan of eight beef shanks for Kathy to see if they were something she might want to serve in her café.  The recipe can be found on my blog and we served them over boiled and plate mashed potatoes.  I started eating then remembered the pic.  Keith and Kathy thought they were delicious.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

12/22-12/29/23 meal dates

2 comments:

  1. Always good food at your house!

    Happy New Year Larry. Looking forward to your posts this new year.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eggs on your hash look perfect. Yum. Loving the soup--I've never made a 15 bean soup before and I think I would really enjoy it. I've also never made beef shanks and they look tender & delicious with mashed potatoes. Thanks for the shoutout!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments