Monday, January 8, 2024

Loaded Chili Baked Potato

When I saw Pam’s recipe for Loaded Chili Baked Potato on her “For The Love Of Cooking” blog I thought it would be perfect for our Friday group on a cold winter day.  Rather than duplicate Pam’s recipe here, I’ll just refer you to the link above for the recipe and Pam’s great pics – as always.  We began the meal preparation by making a batch of chili on Friday morning using our normal recipe.


Then on Friday about an hour before meal time, after oiling and salting, we baked some russet potatoes and made-up bowls of the various toppings – butter, sour cream, S&P, bacon, onions, chili (served from the pot), shredded cheddar, Fritos Corn Chips.  

By providing all of these, folks could omit the chili from their potato and still get the loaded option.

After opening the potato, in order, mine got S&P, onions, cheese, chili, and crushed Fritos – my pic is not nearly as impressive as that found on Pam’s site – she is a real food blogger.


We sided the potatoes with a nice salad provided by Cindy.  And to top off the evening, I won the card game.

The Verdict:

I thought it was very good and a good way to enjoy two of my favorite foods.  I sure enjoy making the dishes posted by my blogger buddies.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

1/5/24 meal date

4 comments:

  1. I think yours looks DELICIOUS and pairing it with that loaded salad makes for one tasty dinner. Thanks for the shoutout. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Larry, I love a good baked potato... Laurie oils them with grapeseed oil and then coats them with Montreal Steak Seasoning. When served, lots of Amish butter is applied. Laurie sometimes adds sour cream to hers. I add sharp shredded cheddar cheese and some kind of protein cut into small pieces. Pork sausage, hamburger, bits of ham, chicken, etc. Then of course, I sprinkle Tabasco over the whole thing. We've been buying smaller and smaller baking potatoes as our appetites' shrink but for me, this is a comfort food meal! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments