Saturday, January 20, 2024

Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta

This post was going to start with how I doubled Trish’s recipe for Bang, Bang Shrimp Pasta from her “Mom On Time Out Blog” to serve to our Friday card group.  However, three days after the Mon/Tue six inch snow followed by freezing temps, our driveway still looked like this – the foot prints are from my trips to the RV to check on things. 

So we cancelled our get together but still made a single batch of the Bang, Bang Shrimp which Trish describes this way – “This Bang, Bang Shrimp Pasta combines succulent, tender shrimp with a slightly spicy, creamy sauce that is simply irresistible! Ready in just 20 minutes, this easy shrimp pasta recipe has an amazing blend of flavors and textures that is sure to be an instant hit with your family!”  The main change I made was serving the sriracha on the side.

Bang, Bang Shrimp Pastaadapted from Mom On Timeout

Ingredients:

8 ounces linguine pasta

¾ cup mayonnaise

1/3 cup sweet chili sauce

2 limes juiced

2 tablespoons sriracha

12 ounces medium shrimp deveined and peeled

4 cloves garlic finely minced (I used 1 tsp garlic powder)

1 teaspoon paprika

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon onion powder

1 tablespoon vegetable oil or olive oil

1 tablespoon parsley chopped

Instructions:

To prepare the sauce, combine the mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, lime juice and sriracha in a bowl and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine shrimp with garlic, paprika, salt and onion powder. Toss gently to combine.


Bring water to a boil in a large stock pot and salt generously.

Cook the pasta to al dente, according to the instructions on the package. Drain and return to the cooking pot.

Add the oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp in a single layer and cook two to three minutes per side or until the shrimp are nearly opaque.  Remove to a bowl.


Since I was using large shrimp and wanted them distributed more in the pasta, I halved them long ways.

Add the sauce to the pan and cook until the sauce comes to a simmer and begins to thicken.

When the pasta is nearly done add the shrimp to the sauce and heat through.

Pour the sauce and shrimp over the pasta and gently stir in until the pasta is coated.

Plate and garnish with chopped parsley.  


Then add a healthy squirt of sriracha and stir it in.

Verdict:

Cindy, Bev and I enjoyed it and the heat in mine was just right.  Two changes I would make next time are to only sautee the shrimp for a minute per side as they were a little chewy and use half the limes if yours are juicy like mine were.  Since limes vary so much I wish the recipe had specified the lime juice amount.  With a base of mayo and chili sauce, the sauce for this dish is similar to 1000 Island or remolaude. If you like Bang, Bang, Shrimp, I have to believe you would enjoy this dish.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

01/13/22 event date

8 comments:

  1. I always order this at Bone Fish just the shrimp no pasta, not sure about that but thanks for the tips I just may try this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea of cutting the shrimp in half after they're cooked. Recipe looks great. And of course you know what I'm going to say about that snow = YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've seen a sauce made with a mayo that was cooked before. Very interesting. You certainly did get your share of snow. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Larry, We love bang bang shrimp...spicy too...which isn't a surprise. We've never had bang bang shrimp over pasta though to which I say "Why Not?" It looks great and it would be a great change of pace. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never had bang bang shrimp before, but they look and sound very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Tennessee was just covered with snow! My daughter in Knoxville (a teacher) and her 4 boys were out of school for one whole week. Good reason to stay inside and cook or bake! We didn't get one snow flake. But winter's not over yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Larry, can I substitute another meat/fish in bang bang recipes? I've heard so much about it, but I'm allergic to shrimp and all 'shell' fish. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bang bang shrimp is about the sauce which I would think could be used with other seafood.

      Delete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments