Friday, February 2, 2024

Breakfast From Leftovers & A New Chair

I recently made a couple of  breakfasts from leftovers that I really enjoyed.

We had made fried shrimp for supper and I had five raw ones left so I used them for breakfast.  I sauteed them and chopped half of them (other half to Cindy) to use in a scramble along with some shredded cheddar.  It was very good.



I had a little piece of tri-tip left from our supper meal so I nuked it for a minute then chopped and used it for an omelet. I added the beaten eggs to a pan then added the beef to one half and a slice of sharp white cheddar to the other then covered and cooked until the eggs were set.  Then I added a smear of horseradish sauce, folded and plated for another delicious meal.



After a lot of good service, I finally retired our 20 year old (at least) Lazy Boy recliner with the broken back and little seat support.  

I traded it for this new one which is a little larger but based on the companies ratings, I don’t expect this one to last as long as the Lazy Boy.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

01/27 & 28/22 meal dates

7 comments:

  1. Great looking breakfast... We love omelets. Our OLD LazyBoy sofa needs to be replaced. We have very little 'seat support' left in ours also. BUT--it's been a great sofa. Hopefully it will warm up outside soon!!!! ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both breakfasts look delicious! You new chair looks nice & comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new chair. You know me and seafood for breakfast, But I'll take the 2nd one. Love your idea of adding some horseradish sauce. Why haven't I thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love repurposing leftovers especially in this economy.. Nice chair enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Larry, Two great looking breakfasts! I especially like the second one...very imaginative and sounds great too. Congratulations on the the new chair. Hope you really like it and it lasts longer than you expect! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leftovers never go to waste in our home as well. Hope the chair gives you many hours of relaxation. Karen

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments