Sunday, February 11, 2024

Creamy Chicken And Spinach Quesadillas

Cindy had baked a chicken for supper a couple of days previously and we decided quesadillas would be a good use for the leftovers and since we had an open bag of spinach in the fridge that needed to be used, I went in search of a recipe that used them both.  The recipe I chose was Creamy Chicken and Spinach Quesadillas from "Budget Bytes" but I changed it quite a bit to get the one below.  The original can be found by clicking on the above link.

Creamy Chicken And Spinach QuesadillaAdapted from Budget Bytes

Ingredients:

2 cups chopped, cooked chicken

Tiger seasoning, to taste

S&P, to taste

1 tbsp cooking oil

1 bag fresh baby spinach

4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese, or to taste

1/2 cup sour cream

4 8-inch flour tortillas

Instructions:

1. Heat the cooking oil in a skillet over medium heat.

2. Add the bag of spinach and cook until wilted.

3. Add the chopped chicken and sour cream and stir until evenly combined and the chicken is warm.

4. Remove to a plate and divide into four piles.

5. Lay tortillas on a griddle (or in a skillet) and add one pile of the chicken mixture to one half and a handful of shredded cheddar to the other half.

A trick I leaned on a TV cooking show recently was to use a sheet pan as a lid.

6. Cover and cook until the tortillas are brown and crispy, and the filling is melted.

7. Fold, remove from griddle, slice into thirds and serve.

The Verdict:

They were very tasty but adding the sour cream to the skillet was a bust as it melted and left too much of it in the skillet, so next time I’ll put a smear of it directly on the tortilla under the chicken mixture or I'll nuke the chicken to warm it then mix everything in a bowl.  I liked wilting the spinach as it allowed me to use the whole bag without adding a lot of water to the quesadillas.  It was a great way to use the leftover chicken.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

02/06/24 meal date


4 comments:

  1. perfect cut into 4's for super bowl leftover roasts! I think I will do mine like Philly steak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Larry, Laurie loves quesadillas and she frequently orders them when we're eating out. Love the pan idea. I use a heavy steel press with burgers, hot dogs and steaks when I grill them on the stove but I never thought of pan trick in the oven. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! It looks tasty. Quesadillas are such a great way to use up leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using leftover chicken for quesadillas! I like to use sour cream and salsa as the condiments after they're already made. Never tried them with spinach. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments