After 75 years of living in the USA and comparing today’s citizen behaviors with those of the late 50’s. I can agree with this with high confidence:
I had two Kodiak Pacific Cod filets in the freezer from Sitka Salmon that I wanted to bake for Cindy and me (Bev doesn’t care for baked fish) so I searched my saved blog recipes for something different to try.
Halibut Pacific Cod – Adapted
from For The Love Of Cooking
½ c. of mayonnaise
1 T. parmesan grated
1 clove of garlic minced
2 Pacific Cod filets
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
Fresh parsley chopped Lemon wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil and spray with Pam.
2. Whisk the mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese, and minced garlic together until well combined.
3. Place the fish pieces in the baking pan skin side down then season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.
4. Brush the mayonnaise mixture evenly over each piece of fish on the top and sides.
5. Sprinkle the remaining bit of parmesan evenly on each piece of fish.
6. Place into the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
7. Turn the oven to broil and cook, watching carefully for another 1-2 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the fish is cooked through.
We served it with some white half runner beans and this is my plate.
Cindy and I both thought the fish was very good and a definite keeper recipe – Bev had a leftover meatloaf sandwich. For my thinner fish the lesser cooking time was just right for the thicker end and a little much for the tail.
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.
6/30/21 event dates