Saturday, July 10, 2021

Green Chile Cheddar Egg Bake

I’ve had green chile fritatta on my list for a while and since I wanted something simple for this day it made it onto the menu.  I began with the recipe for Green ChileCheddar Egg Bake from Five Heart Home but modified it for the larger can of green chiles that I had on hand.  Pease click on the link for Samatha’s original recipe and more pics like this.

Green Chile FritattaAdapted from Five Heart Home

Ingredients:

7 oz. can mild diced green chiles

½ small sweet onion, diced (added by Larry)

1¾ c. grated cheddar cheese

9 large eggs

2¾ T. milk

½ t. salt

Freshly ground black pepper, to taste 

Instructions:

1. Adjust oven rack to center position and preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 11”x11” casserole dish (or comparably sized baking dish) with nonstick cooking spray.

2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until well blended.

3, Stir in the cheese, onions, and chiles and pour into the dish.

4. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is puffy and a thin knife inserted in the center of the eggs comes out clean. Allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving warm.

We sided it with some leftover Ranch Beans.


The Verdict:

I had a cold so I couldn’t give it much of an evaluation but the others all thought it was very good.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

7/08/21 event date

5 comments:

  1. We love spicy food so this is right up our alley for anytime of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about this recipe. I hope you make it again once you're not under the weather. Damn colds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks tasty! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Larry, Sorry to hear that you have/had a cold! As for the fritatta, believe it or not, I do like green chilies...even as salsa. Leave out the onions and I'd go for it. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments