Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Our Little Trip To Paradise – Down Day

After a busy Saturday on St. Marten, Sunday was a planned relaxation day, but the ladies decided to split their planned shopping day to Phillipsburg between Sun & Mon, but I wasn’t biting on that and I hung around the condo and caught up on my blogging. 

For dinner, we decided to go across the street again to Lee’s Roadside Grill but only if they had music and only if they had whole grilled snapper (they had none the first time) and turned out they had both. 

They only had a small and an extra-large snapper left so, of course, I went with the big one because I like fish as leftovers - I sided it with fried plantains and fries.

Bev had the fish and chips which was also snapper.

Every piece of fish I’d had so far on this trip had been overcooked so I asked the waitress to be sure it didn’t happen again, and it was perfect, but I could only eat about two-thirds of it.  Bev’s meal was also very good - the others just had a couple of appetizers.

After dinner I got a shot of our waitress and the grill and thanked the cook for the great meal.

The live music was very good and Bev and I even did a little two-stepping.

 But here was the star opf the dance floor and I think her parents had to carry her tired little self out.

What about the other one third of the snapper you ask?

It made for a great breakfast the next morning.

All photos can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.



Larry

4/15/12  event date

8 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of your fried plantains on the side! but the snapper looks pretty tasty also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a big fish for sure! But what lovely things you did with the leftovers!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a wonderful meal, Larry. You were due a properly cooked piece of fish :-). The plantains sound wonderful as well. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those fried plantains. I have a confession, I can eat about anything for breakfast except seafood. There, I said it and I'm glad I did. But still, that omelet looks so good. Love that you 2-stepped ... why am I thinking that that little girl wasn't the only one tired? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Restaurants tend to over cook fish so often. When I order I always say...please don't overcook the fish. That way if it is overdone, I don't feel bad sending it back. I bet you were happy to get a perfectly cooked one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Larry, At home or on vacation in a different country... consistency.. No leftovers ever go to waste! Nice looking Snapper Omelet! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nobody makes something fantastic out of leftovers the way you do, Larry. Love that you got a spin on the dance floor along with your delicious dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful fish! We've been trying to eat more and more fish and I would have loved to have some of that snapper!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments