Thursday, July 1, 2010

BBQ Is Finally Done

Thanks to Bev’s help by pulling the pork, we finally got the barbecuing all finished up around 5pm - finished the cooking about 2pm. While slicing a brisket for a friend, I ate a piece of it for lunch and it was real tasty. Here’s a shot of it.


This is the pork-pulling tub with two of the three butts ready to pull.


Here’s a pic of my dinner plate :-) – fresh green beans and leftover Bojangles.


By dinnertime, I was beat and BBQed out – like I said yesterday, it’s like working in a candy store and not wanting to eat any. I’ll be ready for some when Rhett gets here from Korea and he’s already put in his order. Maybe now, we'll feel like cooking something else.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

Larry

7 comments:

  1. I can imagine! Sometimes after I've cooked something really long and complicated, I am tired of it by the time it is time to eat. After all that barbequeing, it may take you a day to get the tastebuds all ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm exhausted just reading your blog! Seriously this looks seriously wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Larry, you've really been cookin up a storm! Any big cooking event will wear a body out-you must be exhausted.
    All your efforts look delicious though, but I can understand you wanting the fried chicken and biscuits for dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks fantastic Larry!! You've definately been busy.. Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful! But I'd be ready for a few simple burgers and corn to celebrate the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting all of the BBQ cooked.... You'll have prepared meat for a long time now, won't you????

    Bet you wanted something entirely DIFFERENT for dinner that day though... If I cooked BBQ for that long---I would probably want something TOTALLY different that night... How 'bout some kind of Italian dinner????

    Have a great 4th of July. God Bless America.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look good Larry! That smoke ring on the brisket is sharp! Did you use a high salt content rub?

    I smoked two butts overnight with some cherry and hickory, Billy's comp, and Lilly's injection. Great tasting stuff, I was full by the time I finished pulling:)

    Happy 4th, Big Dude!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments