Sunday, November 6, 2022

A Patriotic Day For Day 2 Of Our Last 2022 RV Club Rally

After breakfast on our own we headed into downtown Chattanooga for a visit to the Charles H. Coolidge National Medal Of Honor Heritage Center so located as the city where the first medal of honor was awarded during the civil war - pic photo bombed by Louie.


But before heading for the museum, we had to pay for parking on the street at a kiosk and this is what it looks like when a bunch of old people are trying to figure out how to do it.


The museum is located next to the aquarium and cost $11.95 for seniors.  

It began in 2003 under a different name and in a different location and moved to it’s current location in Feb 2020 under it’s current name.  Charles H. Coolidge was born in Signal Mountain, TN. and, at the time of his death, was the last surviving Medal Of Honor recipient from WWII.

I thought the museum was very well done and was centered on the medal recipients from Tennessee – well worth the low admission cost.





After the museum, we went to The Boathouse Restaurant for lunch and they managed to provide a table for the14 of us.


I watch Diners, Drive-ins, and Drives and Guy Fieri often visits restaurants in Hawaii for his show and a meal often shown is Poke, which is centered around raw tuna, so when I saw it on the Boathouse menu and realized I would not be going back to Hawaii, I knew I had to try it.  Unbelievably I forgot a pic but it looked very similar to this one.

I thought it was delicious and wish I could try the dish in Hawaii from a Poke Master or learn how to make my own.  From the comments I heard, I believe everyone would eat at the Boathouse again.

That evening we headed back to the clubhouse to eat the leftovers from Tuesday night plus more ice cream.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

10/27/22 meal date

3 comments:

  1. Larry, We hate those parking kiosks in Chattanooga. I've fought with a couple of them and lost...and we avoid them when ever possible! Thanks for the tip on the National Medal of Honor Heritage Center. Somehow we missed it despite visiting the aquarium and other attractions in the downtown area of town. Laurie loves Poke as do I. We've eaten at the Boathouse Restaurant a couple of times and we really like it. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. The museum looks like it was fun & interesting. Poke is something both of my kids eat daily when we have visited Hawaii. I'm so glad you were able to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments