Saturday, November 19, 2022

Humor For Us Old Dogs Out There And A New Television

I'm a kid at heart and have always enjoyed a good snow fix so if I had heat and power, and a supply of wood for my fireplace, I would have loved being in Buffalo this weekend and maybe you to Betsy.

And now for the humor.

An old German Shepherd starts chasing rabbits and before long, discovers that he's lost. Wandering about, he notices a panther heading rapidly in his direction with the intention of having lunch.

The old German Shepherd thinks, "Oh, oh! I'm in trouble now!"

Noticing some bones on the ground close by, he immediately settles down to chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat. Just as the panther is about to leap, the old German Shepherd exclaims loudly, "Boy, that was one delicious panther! I wonder, if there are any more around here?"

Hearing this, the young panther halts his attack in mid-strike, a look of terror comes over him and he slinks away into the trees.

"Whew!," says the panther, "That was close! That old German Shepherd nearly had me!"

Meanwhile, a squirrel who had been watching the whole scene from a nearby tree, figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the panther. So, off he goes.

The squirrel soon catches up with the panther, spills the beans and strikes a deal for himself with the panther.

The young panther is furious at being made a fool of and says, "Here, squirrel, hop on my back and see what's going to happen to that conniving canine!"

Now, the old German Shepherd sees the panther coming with the squirrel on his back and thinks, "What am I going to do now?," but instead of running, the dog sits down with his back to his attackers, pretending he hasn't seen them yet, and just when they get close enough to hear, the old German Shepherd says...

"Where's that squirrel? I sent him off an hour ago to bring me another panther!"

Moral of this story...

Don't mess with the old dogs... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery!

Cunning and brilliance only come with age and experience.

NEW TV


For several years, we've had a 50" LG TV that has served us very well and it always came on with an audible click but recently it just kept clicking and would not come on or stop clicking when we pushed the off button.  Bev has been saying for a while that we need a larger screen although I thought ours was plenty big - I'm the guy who sets back in the movie theater as up close hurts my eyes.  But after a little measuring, we decided a 65" would fit in our cabinet and I reluctantly agreed - it pretty fills up the available space.

Since I hate to go shopping, especially for electronic stuff, I asked some friends for their suggestions, did a little online research, then sent Bev, Reece (granddaughter), and her boyfriend off to Knoxville to get a new TV.  While I'm sure they got the best deal, they came home with an LG 4K OLED Smart TV costing about three times my expectations, but oh well, Bev loved the picture and she has her own money.  

It's a far cry from the first TV we got in the early 1950's that looked something like this.

While my girls are in South Florida complaining that it's a little too warm, I built the first fire of the season on a 27F morning with low 40's predicted for the daily high.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

11/7/22 event date


2 comments:

  1. Wow that looks so nice and comfy, and I complain here in Florida at 50 its been freezing! Keep warm with your fire looks nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, and I'm with you. I would have loved to have been in that snow in NY. Love a good weather event like that. Congrats on the television. And I do remember those little tv's with the antenneas. How far we've come. Our temps have been in the single digits here and there, so I have to chuckle about Claudia complaining about 50's being freezing.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments