Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mediterranean Salad Ala Chef Dennis & Blogger party

As soon as I read Chef Dennis’ post about Mediterranean Salad, I knew we had to try it soon, especially with all of the garden greens we’re harvesting. We changed it up a little by grilling our shrimp and adding more of them – this was our entire meal. I planned it around the pound of crab I’d gotten out of the freezer and used about half for the crab frittata and half for our three salads.

Bev bought a loaf of Italian bread and made croutons and picked the greens while I was in town that morning and when I got home I got the shrimp ready to grill. You can see Dennis’ recipe by clicking on the link above and our ingredients list is below. Bev tossed the greens – romaine & leaf lettuces and spinach, celery, and carrots with some Newman’s Caesar Dressing, then everyone built their own salad from:

Chopped green onion
Green olives
Kalamata olives
Grape tomatoes
Cooked penne pasta
Crumbled Feta cheese
Marinated artichoke hearts
Croutons
Shrimp – dusted with Old Bay and basted with butter/garlic/lemon sauce while grilling – added warm to the salad.
Crab
Grated parmesan

Here’s mine and it was absolutely delicious.  I covered many of my goodies with shrimp.

Thanks Dennis for a great meal.


Double click on the above for details of our upcoming blogger party. We discovered that we scheduled it for Father's Day, but decided to proceed - treat Dad to a day trip to Almost Heaven South. Several folks have already committed, but I'd like to hear from everyone by June 1 who plans to attend - email grandpop1@yahoo.com. We want to be sure we have plenty of food, but don't want to overbuy.

All photos can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

One year ago:  Kicked Up Scramble For Breakfast

Larry

6 comments:

  1. I love that we're in salad season! Sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lea Ann. I'm glad salad season is here. However in my kitchen it's always salad season.

    Happy Mother's day to Bev.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE fresh lettuce from the garden! Mediterranean salad's are so delicious; thanks for sharing. Can't eat shrimp tho, but that's OK!

    My red leaf lettuce is ripe and ready to pick and my head lettuce is almost ready (probably when we get back in 2 weeks) . . . minus the two heads that the deer ate, when I forgot to put the bird netting back on top! What a ding a ling, I can be! Wishing Bev a most Happy Mother's Day. I'll let you know about whether we can make it to the big Q at your place in Heaven! Aloha from Maui, Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks and sounds wonderful!!!
    I wish I could afford to come to the blogger party...plane tickets are just too expensive right now. Bummer :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delicious looking salad! I"m so glad that we have spring greens are ready to eat and can't wait for some more garden produce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good, Larry, I don't think I've ever had shrimp on a salad before.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments