Wednesday, July 28, 2010

“Once Again Peace Returns To The High Country”

In my youth, I heard this line (post title) in a nature show about the mountains and it was used as winter was setting in and humans and their cattle moved back to the low country. It’s always stuck with me, but more accurately should be “once again peace returns to Almost Heaven South.”

About 14 months ago, I’d posted that our then 11 year old granddaughter was coming to live with us and now that she is back with here family, I just have to say this one more time – IT’S EASY TO SEE WHY IT’S YOUNG FOLKS WHO RAISE KIDS.” It takes so much energy and stamina, I don’t know how they do it. They left yesterday for Fort Knox so, as of today, Bev and I are living alone once again and I believe after a period of adjustment (very short for me), we’ll settle back into our boring retiree’s life. When they get settled into their new quarters, they’ll be taking Joker, the dog we’d been keeping for them, and Coco, who is Alex’s dog – it''ll be gettin downright boring around here, but Bev is already planning some trips.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

Larry

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like Bev will make sure that no boredom will not return to the high country! Enjoy your peace and quiet while it lasts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you take the "no" out of my sentence it will make sense...maybe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. After meeting Bev, you won't be bored Larry! I bet you two will take some lovely trips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right, Larry. I often watch my two young grandkids for the day and I'm always pooped when they leave. Love them, but they wear me out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean! As soon as my grandson leaves after one of his visits, it's time for a long nap for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The two of you deserve some fabulously planned away time or maybe just a swing in the hammock :-). It was good of you to do that. My family will be here for the month of August and I know from past experience why God sends children to the young. The young of heart need more energy than they have and there are moments when it's a struggle to keep up. Have a great - and quiet - day, Larry. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Larry, I admire you and Bev for taking in a 'teen' even temporarily... Don't think I could do it... I am definitely an ole' boring retiree!!! Not sure I'd want to change that!!!! ha ha ha

    You and Bev won't get bored... You'll find plenty to do --including some traveling.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL about your short period of adjustment. I used to take the kids to school on the first day and after about 15 minutes of being lonesome and sad, I'd fix myself a big cup of coffee, put my feet up and get a big ole grin on my face at having my house back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I figure you have time & energy for the most important stuff that needs to be done, and everything else will take care of itself. I'll bet Alex loved staying with you and Bev, even though she's got to be over the moon with joy at being back with her Daddy. Betcha in a few weeks, you and Bev will be itching to go to Ft. Knox and rejoin the circus!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just got back from a week taking care of my four year old granddaughter and it was exhausting. You and Bev will find lots to do, if it is only enjoying the quiet of the lake. You are great grandparents! Hope your cold is better.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments