Monday, July 5, 2010

Brisket Hash And Planned Baked Eggs

We still had some boiled potatoes in the fridge and a little left over brisket from BBQ day and I had planned to try combining two dishes – hash and herbed baked eggs. However, at 8:45.I remembered I had to leave at 9:40 to go do some garden consulting.

So I diced up the remaining brisket – could have used a little more – some of the boiled potatoes and some onion. Last night for dinner, we had reheated some brisket is the smoking juices I’d collected and while we poured out the juice, I saved the unwashed skillet for this morning. I added some olive oil and the potatoes and onion and when they were about half done I tossed in the brisket.


My plan was to have made wells in the hash for the eggs, sprinkle on some fresh herbs and cook under the broiler, but alas, I just cooked them sunny side up without the herbs and made one of my more normal meals – but it was still really good.



I believe this meal would work very well on a camping trip to the high country, at a cabin in the Ozarks or just in the backyard on an Egg, Coleman stove, or other cooking device. If I'd thought about it sooner, I would have cooked mine outside (I'll bet I can come up with a future post about this).

The gardeners I’ve been working with are having a great success under difficult conditions, for their first effort. They have given 200# of squash/ zukes and two bushels of green beans to the local Good Samaritan Center and they’ll start getting tomatoes and peppers in quantity in a week. I’m very pleased with what they’ve achieved.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

Larry

3 comments:

  1. That most certainly would taste good in the high country! We're heading up this coming weekend. Sat morning I have planned on grilled smoked porkchops and my Sunday just happens to have a vacancy. Hash it is. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That breakfast would taste good anywhere ---high country or low country!!!! ha....

    Thanks for sharing.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good old hash & eggs. There's a reason why the classics last, right?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments