Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Favorite Meals of 2016

I’ve read several posts about the best recipes of 2016, but since we make very few original recipes (we usually make yours), I decided to do one on the dozen favorite meals I blogged about last year.  Some are from restaurants, some cooked by others, and some cooked by us and all delicious.

Lets begin with the little RV trip we made to Louisiana’s Cajun Country in January.


Over Stuffed Seafood Po Boy from Bon Creole in New Iberia 


Crawfish Bisque given to us by our campground neighbors at Cajun Palms RV Resort

The next three were made by us during the first half of the year.







The next four came from our two month long RV trip to Colorado.


Golden Bullets (Scotch Eggs) from Gold Rush Café in Paducah, KY


Breakfast Burrito from Main Street Cafe in Grand Junction


FrenchToast topped with Colorado Western Slope peaches



These next group were cooked at home after we returned home.







One I omitted because I had no pictures was Poche’s Deep Fried Boudin Balls, from our trip to Acadiana.

As usual, we ate plenty of good food in 2016 and it was hard to whittle it down to just 12.  

Now that I am past lower extremity surgeries, much more mobile, and have lots of your recipes saved up, I’m hoping to spend more time in the kitchen in 2017.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

2016 Meal Dates

11 comments:

  1. They all looked like amazing dishes that you enjoyed. making hungry right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that there was a lot of good eating to be had in 2016. I'm looking forward to see what you will be cooking this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larry, I don't think that I could come up with only 12 favorites from my 2016... It would be tough! That Po Boy looks great but, no surprise to you, my favorites from your list would be the Short Ribs and Prime Rib. Also, after checking out those Scotch Eggs at the Gold Rush Cafe in Paducah, I've added that restaurant to my list of places we must stop at when we next venture west to St. Louis and Omaha. Take Care, Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a whole lot of good food! Looking forward to seeing you back in the kitchen this year. Happy New Year Larry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great line up Larry. I'm going to have to back to Grand Junction for that Breakfast Burrito. Happy New Year to you and Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy... This post is so good...
    I love food...
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_zn7IqrAY1I44bRuN6dH-Q

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has been a yummy year for sure! I'm still drooling over that prime rib!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always take such pretty food pictures! Happy New Year, Larry; glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all looks great, but that Seafood Poboy from Bon Creole is calling my name and I wish that I had one right now. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both meals look great and made me hungry ... :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments