Thursday, September 13, 2012

Go West Old Man – Down Day in Rapid City, SD – 2012

Since Thursday was RV repair day, we ran errands, did laundry, cleaned a little and went out for breakfast – our first since Iowa.  At the recommendation of the folks in the campground, we headed for the Millstone Family Restaurant which was nearby and on our way to Lowe’s – it is a local chain of three restaurants.

For mid-morning on a weekday, they were pretty busy – a good sign – and we found the place to be very welcoming and friendly.  Bev had the “Celebration Skillet - For breakfast lovers who like a touch of Mexican flavor” - Grilled peppers, tomatoes and seasoned ground beef on a large bed of crispy hash browns, topped with two eggs any style and shredded cheddar cheese. Picante sauce, sour cream, toast and jelly on the side $7.50

I had the “Black Hills Skillet” - Crispy hash browns with a mix of our very special smoked sausage, tomato, onion and green pepper combination.  Topped with farm fresh eggs and served with choice of toast $7.70.  It was the sausage description that grabbed me - this is it after I mixed it up.

We both thought our meals were very good and hoped to get back there.

On 9/11, I'd posted about our campground and mentioned the large cottonwood trees - this is the one beside our site.

 All photos can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

9/6/12 event date

13 comments:

  1. Breakfast sounds delicious and for some reason I knew you would pick the sausage one. That's some tree. I've heard of cottonwoods, but have never seen one. Wonder what Sweetie and Coco thought of it.

    Travel safe and we hope you have a fabulous day.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. What magnificent plates of breakfast - my choice would be Bev's.

    And, oh my, what an enourmous tree - made pretty by Bev's beauty and her two canine furry darlings. (Bev, you look stunning in that lovely dress).

    While you holiday isn't going as planned it is very good to see you both having such a happy time. Sending care and huggles,

    Michelle and Zebby Cat ...

    (... in our now Springtime. This means many windy days because New Zealand lurks down in the Southern Hemisphere's roaring 40s which really like to deliver frequent gale force winds at this time every year. I'd feel weird if it was calm!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks generous and delicious. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should all eat breakfast like that and work hard all day. That's the way it should be I think! I haven't been to SD in a long time. That tree is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is some tree! It sounds like you are enjoying your holiday. Stay safe. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge tree! And the breakfast sounds delicious. It's nice to find those local restaurants with good food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Larry... First of all, Happy Birthday from Laurie and I!! We won't mention which birthday it is...but I wish I was as young as you are! Love that cottonwood tree... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave & Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think both breakfasts look great but Bev's has me drooling!

    That cottonwood tree is HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cottonwood tree is impressive indeed; and how did I know your breakfast would feature eggs? I must be psychic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those breakfasts look really good! Happy Birthday Larry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't been to a family resturant in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That celebration skillet would be right up my alley!

    And that TREE! That would keep a dog's bladder busy for days!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments