Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Leftover Brisket

There are many good uses for leftover brisket such as sandwiches, chili, and pizza but I always lean toward breakfast – as if you didn’t know. I diced up three Yukon gold potatoes and half a red onion and got them cooking in some olive oil. When they were about ¾ done, I added some of the diced brisket from May's BBQ day and the left over sauteed mushrooms from supper and cooked until everything was hot.

In the meantime, I cooked a couple of sunny side up eggs. If you like your eggs this way, one way to ensure the top of the white gets done without the yolk getting too done is add about a teaspoon of water to the pan, cover with a glass lid, and cook over medium low heat. Use the glass lid so you can see them without opening the lid – which lets out the steam you’re cooking the tops with.

I plated the hash.

And added the eggs, utilizing the Lea Ann broken yolk trick.

I considered garnish but decided it couldn’t look too much better. And what happens after this shot.

All photos can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

One year ago:  Mother's Day Breakfast

Larry

10 comments:

  1. Larry...Now that is a hearty breakfast...love the ssu eggs...I just need some leftover brisket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo thanks for that egg tip! I love my yolks super runny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious looking breakfast Larry! re: the Lea Ann broken yolk trick...I just think it's nice to have action shots! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your breakfast ideas, Larry!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM---looks delicious, Larry. Thanks for the tip about cooking eggs sunny-side UP...

    Your header photo is FABULOUS.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just adore corned beef hash. With or without eggs, it makes no difference to me. Now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I finally learned to turn an egg . . . but I wanting to try the steamy egg trick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This reminds me of a brisket benedict that I heard about and keep meaning to try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks Great....
    This calls for a ROAD TRIP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks GRRRREAT ;-)
    That portion calls for a sleep after breakfast

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments