Friday, May 13, 2011

Blogger Breakfast Leftovers – 2 and Bev's Turn

This is the third breakfast meal we got from the blogger breakfast leftovers and since we were leaving town for a week, we needed to get them used up. I reheated the potatoes, onions and peppers in a pan, poured in some Kennedy quiche egg mix that didn't fit into the crust, and cooked very slowly with a lid on the pan. When the eggs were about set, I added some shredded cheddar and chives (we have a bumper crop).

I sided it with a slice of fatty, the last biscuit, and the last of the gravy (I hate that part).

I had a couple of trees and some other things to plant so I needed this good breakfast – again :-)

I'm continually amazed with Bev's ability to invent a meal and she took her turn with some of the breakfast leftovers, but I think this meal was designed around using fifty cents worth of cilantro that was turning yellow.
She started by doctoring a can of refried beans with green chile's, onion, jalapeno, salsa, and shredded cheddar.  Then she diced up some of the leftover breakfast fatty and made some pico di gallo.  The final dish was quesadilla's and here's mine ready for the pan. 

She puts the goodies on one side of the tortilla and fries the whole thing in a skillet and when it's crispy, she just folds it over and plates it. 

It then got topped with the pico, jalapenos, sliced black olives, and shredded cheddar.

It was outstanding and we have enough left for the same dinner tomorrow.

All photos can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

One year ago:  Gourmet For The Pets

Larry

7 comments:

  1. HI Larry, You and Bev are both so talented.. You can make some great meals out of your left-overs... YUM....

    Glad Blogger is back. I lost yesterday's post --but republished it with no comments. Also lost a post that I had in the 'hopper' for next week. Grrrrr.

    Have a good weekend.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry, You had me at the sausage gravy and biscuits with the fatty on the side! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Bev!! It looks delish!
    I've been trying to leave you comments but blogger has been down.
    Have fun on your trip!
    Mika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell Bev I would make a meal around 50 cents worth of cilantro, too. ;) Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Bev make the most mouthwatering meals out of leftovers. And to think this all started with a little bit of cilantro!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll take Bev's breakfast burrito...now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude those are some serious leftovers!

    I'm smoking a fatty today with the ribs.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments