Monday, October 7, 2024

A Little Roundabout Trip To Nebraska, Day 2, Madison

On day 2, we drove from Murphysboro, Il to Madison WI via US-51, I-74, I-39, and I-90 where I planned a stop in downtown Decatur, IL for lunch.  Since we got an early start that morning, it was too early for lunch when we got to Decatur, so we went on up to Bloomington, IL and ate at Cracker Barrel – haven’t eaten at one in several years. 

Our next leg took us to Madison WI for a stay at the Holiday Inn Express and supper but after discovering my restaurant of choice was closed, we opted to eat at the Northern Taphouse.

It was a nice looking sports bar where the servers were all wearing NFL team jersey’s – mostly Green Bay Packers - and the TV was tuned to the Packers game. 



For meals, Bev had pizza and I had wings with fried cheese curds – we were in Wisconsin after all.



Both of mine were delicious but neither of us cared for the flavorings on Bev's pizza so it ended up in the trash.

Politics

On this night we stayed in WI and while watching TV, you can tell it’s a swing state as the presidential campaign adds were relentless and ruthless and way more than we see in TN since it is a solid red state.

Photos can be slightly enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

9/28/24 event date

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to try those cheese curds. And I've never eaten at a Cracker Barrel. I think we have exactly one here in Denver and it's way on the north side of town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay safe and ENJOY 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fried cheese curds are so addictive! Too bad the pizza wasn't tasty.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments