Sunday, July 28, 2024

Chicken and Pineapple Kebabs

We had some pineapple spears in the fridge along with some chicken breasts and bell pepper and Bev suggested kebabs for supper which sounded great to me.  I went on line in search of a recipe and settled on the recipe for Chicken and Pineapple Kabobs from “The Whole Cook” blog.  I chose it because of the short list of ingredients, all of which I had on hand.  I followed the recipe but added the extra step of reducing the leftover marinade in a pan and spooning it over the plated kebabs.

As an aside, depending where you are in the world, kebab, kabab, and kabob are all correct spelling and the dish originated in the Middle East.

Chicken and Pineapple Kabobs

Ingredients:

½ cup soy sauce

2 tablespoons honey

1 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin

¾ teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon ground ginger

½ teaspoon black pepper

1½ – 2 pounds chicken breasts, boneless and skinless

1 pineapple

2 bell peppers, can use any color, I like one red and one orange

Instructions:

Whisk together the first six ingredients.

Jaccard the chicken breasts to ½“ thick then cut into 1”x1” pieces.

Toss the chicken in a large ziploc bag with all marinade ingredients. Squeeze out excess air and zip closed. Use your fingers to massage the marinade evenly around the chicken. Let sit for at least 1 hour, flipping the bag over occasionally (Larry marinated for six hours).

Cut the tops off your peppers. Scoop out any seeds and discard along with the tops. Slice the peppers into evenly sized chunks.

Cut the pineapple spears into even pieces.

Thread the marinated chicken, peppers, and pineapple chunks onto skewers.

Add marinade to a pan and bring to a boil.

Place your kabobs on the grill over medium heat. Grill for 5 minutes, flip and grill other side for another 5 minutes or until chicken is at a 160F internal temp.

Plate and spoon over reheated marinade as desired (my addition).  My plated pic was blurry.

The Verdict:

We all thought they were very good especially with the extra marinade spooned over them and I would use this recipe again.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

7/22/24 meal date

4 comments:

  1. delicious combination I love chicken and pineapple and that touch of honey is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Larry, I agree with the previous comment...love chicken and pineapple...and I don't usually like sweet with my meat. Chicken has become an exception, with the honey based spicy sauces that many restaurants offer. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the kabobs look really good as I'm sure they were. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great combination of flavors. Yum.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments