Sunday, April 7, 2024

Countryside For Catfish Again And My Girls Travels

It was time for our weekly meal out and I was ready for catfish again so off to Countryside Restaurant we went.  As I told our waitress, I’ve never had better and she said it was one of their most popular dishes.  We decided to beat the crowd and get there at 11:30 but it seems everyone else had the same idea as the parking lot was full and the restaurant was pretty full and there was probably 15 more that came in right behind us.

They can really turn out the food fast and when I asked, the server said there were three people cooking and I found that pretty incredible.  Our meals came pretty quick considering the crowd and we’ll start with Kathy’s meal of grilled sirloin, tater tots and a side salad.  It was just okay as the meat was overcooked.

Bev got the large Southwest Grilled Chicken described as grilled chicken breast topped with BBQ sauce, provolone cheese, shredded cheese, diced tomatoes and chives, served with a side salad and 1 side, but her large order had two breasts and two sides – we wanted leftovers.  It was good but the chicken was unsalted (as normal) and it was hard to salt it thru the toppings.

If I owned a restaurant, I would only serve properly seasoned meals and those folks with special dietary needs would just have to eat somewhere else – I’d make mine so good, I’d still have plenty of business.

And of course, I had the catfish but this time with seasoned fries rather than the onion rings.  The catfish was awesome and the fries were very good.

Hard to believe this much very good food for $13 – I took half of it home for supper.  I need to get a catfish fix at least once a month.

Just Me And The Pups

Cindy is still at her son’s recuperating from her hip infection surgery and Bev and Pat left Friday for their annual two week visit to Pat’s timeshare in Sint Maarten/Saint Marten in the Caribbean, so it’s Romeo, Teddy Bear, Frankie (Pat's dog) and me holding down the fort at Almost Heaven South.  Bev is becoming ever increasingly nervous about flying, especially with some plane issue reported on the news what seems like daily.  Had son, Rhett, not been going, I think she would have cancelled.  But they made it fine and hopefully she won’t spend the next 12 days worrying about the return flight.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

4/4/24 event date

6 comments:


  1. Wishing Bev and Pat safe travels. There has been some issues here and there. About the food: I'm surprised that chicken is labeled "Southwest" using bbq sauce and provolone. Not Southwest. And the catfish looks like a pretty darn amazing meal. My mom always ordered fried catfish at her favorite restaurant. I've never had it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels... never had catfish but I am allergic to fish although I cook it for the family something I may have to try making it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larry knows how fond I am for fish, love catfish. Now I have to go & eat there soon…. Celebrate my new hip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Larry, Another Countryside feast! Would the steak have been OK if it was grilled correctly. I agree with you on seasonings and I appreciated restaurants who season their food properly...and do special requests for those who have needs or preferences. Its a good thing that Bev doesn't watch "Air Disasters" on the Smithsonian channel. Laurie is kind of hooked on the program because of the investigative efforts and clues as to cause as the show develops. FYI, we drove by Countryside today a little after Noon and it was packed...as you witnessed in person. We were on our way to drop off some $ I owed to a guy who lives in those lakeside homes/development on Morgantown Road. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Larry, looks like you know exactly where to get your 'catfish' fix now. Hope Bev has a wonderful time. I think flying is still the safest form of travel.
    Your comment on my blog post made me smile. Thanks for hanging with me.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a nervous flyer too! Glad they made it safely and hope they have a wonderful time. I've still never tried catfish but boy it sure looks tasty! It's too bad Bev's chicken was unseasoned and the steak was overcooked.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments