Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Three Pretty Awesome Breakfast Sandwiches – Hard To Believe But No Leftovers

BLT With A Twist

Who doesn’t like a good BLT?  I sure do and I like it even better when an egg is included so I guess it’s really an egg sandwich with bacon, lettuce, and tomato – whatever.  This one included some good sourdough bread, good bacon, and vine ripened tomatoes and the twist.  I have always broken the yolk and fried it hard for any egg sandwich but Bev suggested I try it with a runny yolk.  So it was two slices of bread, each with a spread of mayo, a few lettuce leaves, cheddar cheese, bacon and the egg.  I was afraid too much of the egg would end up on the plate or my chin if I just bit into it so I spread it all over the top of the egg before the first bite.


Homemade Sausage Egg McMuffin

Four ingredients for a delicious meal – English muffin, cooked sausage patty, egg, and cheese.

Step 1 – Get the muffin toasting as it takes the longest.

Step 2 – Season an egg. Beat it well, add to a buttered 8” skillet and top with a lid over medium low heat – it will cook pretty fast.  I cook it like this as scrambled eggs tend to fall out of the sandwich.



When done, fold it in half then cut it in half.  

Step 3 – Put sausage on a plate, top with cheese and nuke for 45 seconds.


Step four – Assemble with bottom bun, sausage & cheese, egg, top of bun.

I think it may even be a little better than McDonalds 😊

Want to kick it up a little: Spread some mayo on the bun, add some chopped onion atop the cheese prior to nuking, add anything else that you fancy.

Western (Denver) Omelet Muffin 

I’ve long been a fan of Western Omelets but never thought of one as a breakfast sandwich until now.  It includes the muffin, ¼ cup diced Kentucky Legend Ham, ¼ cup chopped onion and ¼ cup chopped bell pepper, cheese, and two small eggs.  See ingredient revisions below.

Begin by toasting the muffin.

I cooked the onion and pepper then the ham until the veggies were soft, seasoned with S&P.  Then beat the seasoned egg and stirred in the ham and veggies.


Pour the mixture into a prepared egg ring and when cooked about half way thru, flip and top with shredded cheddar cheese.  Got it too full.



Remove ring, add egg to bun, and enjoy.


The sandwich was very good but as you can see I used too much stuff so next time it will be a little more than half as much ham and veggies and one x-large egg.  I believe it would have been even better with a little mayo.  My egg ring is just the right diameter to fit the muffin.

I really enjoyed all three sandwiches and will make them all again.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

5/20 - 6/21/23 meal dates

4 comments:

  1. they sure do look pretty awesome! I would be full for the whole day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry, Once again you have proven that you are the Grand Master of Breakfast Creations! Using the ring for your western omelet breakfast sandwich was close to brilliant...and engineer at work. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drooling over all of these breakfasts! That first sandwich, though, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading this post made me instantly hungry. Best sandwich in the world is a BLT. And you've reminded me that it's so ridiculous that I don't have a Denver omelette recipe on my site. btw - off subject. Did you hear we tangled with a pretty good tornado last Thursday?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments