Sunday, April 2, 2023

Raspberry, Bourbon Glazed Pork Chops

Beverly came home the other day with a six pack of “gottch-ya” pork chops that she had bought on sale.  You know the ones where they put a couple of nice looking sirloin chops that are covering several ““gottch-ya” chops that you would not otherwise buy.



She said she wanted to have them grilled and sided with fried apples and a salad.  I wanted to make a fruit glaze for them but had no apple stuff to make them with but it rooting around, I discovered a small bowl of raspberry sauce that Bev had made from the neighbors berries.  I tasted it and it was pretty tart so I sweetened it with some honey and when I liked it, I decided to kit it up with an ounce of Jim Beam Bourbon.  I thought this made it just right and was anxious to see how it worked on the meat.

I let the chops come to room temperature, then for seasoning the meat, I used only salt and pepper and a coat of oil to prevent sticking on the grill.  I did not Jaccard as I didn’t want them to get any thinner and cook to fast.

I grilled them over medium high heat flipping after one minute and starting the glazing process then with a flip each two minutes and cooked to an internal temp of 138F. 


 We sided them with the fried apples and ate our first meal outside for this year.


The Verdict:

The chops were juicy and the raspberry glaze was a nice change from our normal.  Thicker chops would have allowed more glaze to be cooked on before the meat was done.  I look forward to trying some different ones in the future.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

03/24/23 meal date





4 comments:

  1. interesting flavors I usually love raspberry and use apple with pork they sure look juicy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry, I've always been hesitant when it came to sweet and meat...although in fairness I do use spicy ketchup with my baked or grilled pork chops, and despite the heat, there also is some sweet. I guess that I need to get out of my comfort zone. Take Care, Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious dinner! The chops look so juicy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll call them "gotch-ya" pork chops from now on. I'm with you on the glaze.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments