Thursday, March 2, 2023

Kathy’s Birthday – Chicken Fried Steak

As you know we have a Friday card day and I usually cook a meal and often try out new recipes on the group.  But this week we changed it up a little by moving it to Thursday, which was Kathy’s birthday, and making her requested chicken fried steak for the meal.

I won’t repeat the recipe here but I used our go-to recipe for the meat and gravy and we sided it with boiled, plate mashed potatoes and a Bev salad with homemade croutons.

The table is all set.

Let’s eat - left to right are Kathy, Russ, Joe, Cindy, Pat, and Bev.

This is my plate.

Once again, the steak and the gravy were delicious and the birthday girl was happy with her meal.  After supper there was a big game of Five-Crowns (card game) won by good buddy Joe, then Bev served individual Molten Lava Cakes using the recipe from Food Finessa. 

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

02/23/23 meal date

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I want that for my birthday meal! So droolworthy and delicious. Yum. The table looked really pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry, Great looking chicken fried steak with creamy gravy! Great birthday meal for sure... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been ages since I've made Chicken Fried Steak. Looks so good.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments