Wednesday, March 15, 2023

A Couple of Breakfast Trials

I discovered some spinach artichoke dip in the fridge and it tasted pretty good, for store bought, so I decided to try it with some eggs.

I added some butter then a big spoonful of the dip to a pan to warm it prior to egg addition.



Then I stirred in the eggs and pushed them around into big moist curds prior to plating. 


While it was okay, I prefer the dip on crackers and different things in my eggs, so won’t make this again.

For my second trial, I opted to make grits with the addition of the puttanesca sauce left from the recent spaghetti squash meal, about a half cup.

I cooked the quick grits per package directions and put the sauce in the water at the beginning.



When the grits were done, I added them to two bowls (one for tomorrow) and topped todays with a fried egg.

The grits were delicious and a nice change from other ways I’ve fixed them but, not surprisingly, the egg flavor was totally lost.  At least I satisfied my eye doctors urging to eat eggs for better eye health

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

03/10 & 3/11/23 meal date

3 comments:

  1. Both look tasty to me. I like the idea of using up leftover puttanesca sauce with your grits. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry, Breakfast 'fails' or near 'fails' aren't really failures, they are experiments conducted by breakfast experts...scientists really, as they search for that one breakfast that tops all the rest. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. See what happens when you're unsupervised!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments