Thursday, March 9, 2023

Greek Night For Cindy And Me Plus A Crappie Repeat

Bev and Pat (SIL) have gone off to Charleston, SC to visit with the Walker grandchildren as they all attend the College Of Charleston and it’s their spring break.  So Cindy and I are holding down the fort and minding the dogs and we’re cooking meals for two.  We both like Greek flavors so for this meal I made a very simple chicken and salad using some Greek spices that Bev had bought at a FM for the chicken and my homemade creamy feta dressing on the salad.

To prep the chicken breasts, I ran the Jaccard over them several times on both sides then added the seasonings so they would have several hours to get into the meat via the Jaccard holes.

I grilled the chix over medium heat and after flipping I added some crumbled feta then cooked to a 158F internal temp.

To serve, I added some chopped Kalamata olives and sided with the salad.

The Verdict:

The chicken was folk tender and Cindy called the taste superb and I thought it was delicious as well.  The feta and olives added a nice kick to the seasoned chicken.  Definitely a keeper meal and I’m pleased we enjoyed my own and rare creation.

Crappie

Cindy invited her friend Ernie over for a late lunch for the three of us and she decide to make Crappie With Mustard Caper Cream Sauce served along with whipped potatoes and steamed broccoli.  No recipe to show as we just had it in Dec but I did want to post the picture and it was delicious again.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

03/6 & 3/7/23 meal date

5 comments:

  1. My that looks great, the husband likes things plain so this wouldn't be something he would prefer but I would!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry, I love feta cheese on just about anything...chicken especially. As for that crappie meal, I'd sign up for that offering anytime! (except for the broccoli which I love but which counteracts one of my Rx scrips) Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are glad to be back in the US cooking foods that we missed for 4 months. It always tastes better when it has been a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Greek chicken looks like a perfect meal. I've never had crappie. Or much fresh water fish for that matter. I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both meals look so delicious. I really love the salty/creamy kick that kalamata and feta bring to dishes.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments