Monday, December 3, 2018

Heuvos Rancheros Ala Larry

As I understand it this dish is basically a tortilla topped with beans, eggs, and sauce and while I’ve eaten them out many times, I can’t recall ever making them at home, but that changed today.  My construction of them was based upon using what we still had left from our Tex-Mex Thanksgiving meal and I made a single for Bev and a double for me.


Before assembly. I got everything ready – sliced an avocado, reheated the red enchilada sauce, heated, strained, and lightly mashed the charro beans, set out the pico di gallo, and Mexican cheese blend.

Bev's was first beginning with frying a corn tortilla in oil for a minute or so then topping with the sauce, beans, and cheese and nuked to melt the cheese and rewarm everything.


Finally I added an over easy egg, more cheese, and a drizzle of sauce before siding with avocado and pico di gallo (unfortunately the fresh cilantro and salsa were both gone).


Mine was assembled the same except with two tortillas and two eggs.




Bev took a bite said it was delicious and suggested we should have it every morning until the leftovers were gone, but I advised we had just a few beans left so she rummaged thru the fridge and came up with half a can of black beans so tomorrow it will be.  I also thought the dish was delicious and as good as any I’ve eaten and I believe the flavorful Charro Beans made a big difference.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

11/30/18 Event Date

5 comments:

  1. Love that for breakfast we just enjoy the on the cruise ship the other day,
    Yours looks very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my all time favorite breakfasts! It looks terrific Larry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larry, Now that's a Big Dude breakfast if I ever saw one! No surprise that Bev liked it too... It seems like it has been awhile since you posted an 'egg special' and it reminded me that I'm past due in this regard as well. Hope all is well and we'll see ya'll soon! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Huevo Rancheros! It's been awhile since I've had it. Now I'll be craving it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That has got to be one of my all time favorite breakfast dishes. You did a GREAT job and I'm definitely longing for a taste of that.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments