Sunday, December 5, 2010

You Know I Had To Try It

When I said yesterdays post was the last Thanksgiving meal post, I meant last turkey post.  I ate leftover stuffing with gravy for breakfast for the first three mornings after Thanksgiving, then, I skipped a day and had it with the potato pancake meal posted on Dec 2. So I just had to try this – big surprise huh?

I was a little apprehensive due to the sweetness of the dressing, but I knew it would at least be edible. I took one bite and a big smile spread across my face, as I thought it was delicious. One of the things I always do with pancakes, which I lke but rarely eat, is top them with a fried egg, even though they have syrup on them. And this reminded me a lot of that dish.

Can you imagine that Bev ask if I wanted her to add the remainder of the left over dressing (my favorite Thanksgiving dish) to the dog food she was making (Dec 3rd post) and I actually considered it. I think there may be enough for three more meals like this and I’m sure glad I told her no.

What a great discovery and now I can hardly wait for next Thankgiving’s dressing. Wait, there is something wrong here – dressing is one of my very favorite foods and I only eat it once per year – this must be corrected.

I've often mentioned that I am an engineer by education and a friend recently sent me several "Understanding Engineers" jokes that I thought were funny enough to pass on.  Here's the first one.

Two engineering students were biking across a university campus when one said, "Where did you get such a great bike?" The second engineer replied, "Well, I was walking along yesterday, minding my own business, when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike, threw it to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want." The first engineer nodded approvingly and said, "Good choice: The clothes probably wouldn't have fit you anyway." 

I'm pretty sure I'm not THAT much of an engineer, but have know some.  Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

Larry

6 comments:

  1. Well ya took one for the team Larry..somebody had to do it! Darnit! My dressing is all gone, or you know I'd be trying this for Sun. a.m. breakfast. I had a client that was an x-engineer and I was always sending him jokes..it was kind of funny because I didn't "get" some of the ones that he'd just roar over! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the engineer joke... My older brother was an engineer -and he would have loved that joke.

    I'm not sure there's anything in the world --well, except your dog food---which you wouldn't eat UNDER a fried egg, Larry.... ha ha ha

    Have a good day and stay WARM. Just flurries here.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The breakfast dressing sounds like a fun thing to try and I LOVED the joke. I work with lots of engineers, so I can use this material. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That reminds me of a T-shirt I saw in Stan's BBQ in Greeneville last month. A crew came in for lunch and the back of their T-shirts said:

    I am an enguneer
    I am an enginere
    I am an engyunere

    all with the "engineer" part crossed out and then followed with:

    I am good at math

    under it all. I laughed my butt off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Larry, Now you're talking! Stuffing and eggs...stuffing sandwiches...stuffing over fried mashed potato patties with gravy...stuffing and sausage, turkey, beef or chicken sandwiches, etc... Stuffing really is a staple food item, but my doctor frowns on it's extensive use! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHAA!!! Love the engineer joke!
    Fried eggs on just about anything works for me!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments