Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Snow Dogs

We awoke Monday morning to our first measurable snowfall of the year and it was definitely dreary outside – and cold, and windy. So that I could get a few photos, I waited for daylight to go fetch the newspapers. I wrapped my bright blue and red Mexican blanket around my bathrobe, grabbed the camera, called the dogs, and headed out.

Several years ago we went to Blackwater Falls State Park in West Virginia and received 14" of snow while there. That was Sweetie Pie’s first snow exposure and she loved it, spending lots of time with her face buried while she rooted along. Check the LINK for shots of the trip.

Today was Coco’s first snow event and I think she liked it as well or better and she did the same thing with her nose and had the snowy beard to prove it – shame it wasn’t a little deeper.

They began a game of tag and I just had to stand out in the cold so I could watch them - it was really cute. They would take turns chasing each other, then roll around in the snow – one of Sweetie’s favorite things to do. Here she is between rounds.

Here’s part of their playground.

When I came back in, Bev whipped up this omelet using some extra sausage mix from the quiche she made the other day and topped with Tex-Mex stuff. It was just the meal to ward off this cold weather.

And how does a serious blogger spend the morning in front of the fire.  Coco just has to lay on my chest, but as a hunt-and-peck guy, trying to type around a moving dog head is a big challenge.

You like my hot chile pepper pants? Chefwear.com.

Click on any photo to enlarge.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

Larry

14 comments:

  1. I am truly jealous of your snow. Aren't dogs a hoot in the snow? I love to watch them run. I have no idea why snow always triggers a game of tag. Even with my little Yorkies. Welcome to my world, I've become an expert at typing around dogs and with a cup of coffee as part of the mix. That last photo is wonderful. I love the looks on Coco and white fluffy dog's face. And last but not least...those pants! Yes, I had to enlarge the photo to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow is pretty to look at...and watch the dogs play in, but I'll take our night almost summer like weather... BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun photos. You even make your snow sound like paradise

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am grinning at the image of you in your bathrobe and blanket in the snow taking photos of the dogs. My bigger terrier loves the snow and will follow us around the ski trail while the hamster sized one is NOT a winter lover. Love those snazzy britches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of you trying to work on the computer around the dogs. I thought it was difficult with cats, but at least they're smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you got a lot of snow! Looks like everyone had fun in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have successfully made me hungry and I am at work. Looks yummy. The dogs are funny in the snow. Last year we had snow here on the gulf coast and my little Buddy at first just sat down and then it was on. He loved it. Sweet little babies you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My son walked in from the gym last night bellowing, "I'm moving to Cuba! It's warm, and the 20 bucks in my pocket will support me for a month!" Thor likes to romp in the snow if his people are out there, but there's nothing like snuggling up with your dog after a cold morning.

    And Jeff has Transformers pants. He says your hot chile peppers have nothing on his transformers. Silly guys. They're all fun pants.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like me (without the dogs) --all wrapped up in a blanket --sitting by the fire, blogging... ha ha

    Glad you enjoyed the little snow. We ended up with about 6 inches up here --and it's still on the ground. Today though the sun is out--so luckily, much of our snow is melting... NOW--if it would just warm up a tad.... ha

    Did you hear that ICE may be coming tomorrow night? Yipes--that is even worse.

    Stay WARM.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Larry, Having moved to East Tennessee from Chicago, we don't appreciate the snow anymore! We would be happy if it didn't snow here the rest of the winter. We love the photo of you, the laptop, Coco, Sweetie...and of course the pants! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave & Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww so cute! My dog loves the snow as well but HATES the rain. It's so odd.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dogs are so funny in the snow. Love the chili pepper pants. You look very "chefy" Larry (if there is such a word).
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was hoping to see Coco and Sweetie hooked up to a dog sled, ha ha.

    You sure know how to relax, Larry!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments