Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Great Salsa – My Opinion Of Course

I hate to brag and I’m not an expert so I won’t say that Bev makes the best salsa on the planet BUT, I’ve eaten a lot of it around the country and her’s is the best I’ve eaten. She does it to taste and for this batch used our home-grown tomatoes (the canned one’s during the winter), onion, our garlic, fresh lime juice, cilantro, cumin, and our jalapeno (cumin is a key ingredient). She rough chops all but the tomatoes and puts it in the food processor with a little tomato and processes into small but visible pieces. She then adds the remainder of the tomatoes and processes briefly until there are still some tomato chunks.



It was so good that once we started eating chips & salsa as an appetizer, it just became dinner.

Have a great day

Larry

4 comments:

  1. Sure looks yummy! Cumin is the secret huh, not sure I even own any cumin. Guess I need to get some.

    Happy New Year Larry..

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've eaten a lot of salsa and found the one served at a little Mexican place in Fairfax, Va to be great and after awile we figured out the taste we really liked and made it different than most was cumin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could live on chips and salsa! And that looks great Larry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good salsa and chips are one of Alexis' favorites!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments