Friday, September 29, 2023

Crab Imperial Stuffed Crappie And Shrimp

I’ve been wanting to make crab stuffed fish for some time and when I saw a recent recipe for stuffed flounder I decided now was a good time but using crappie rather than flounder.  I used a combination of several recipes to come up with the one below.  I once again used canned Chicken Of The Sea Crab Claw Meat.

Crab Stuffed Crappie

Ingredients:

½ cup mayonnaise, divided

1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

1-2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

1 egg, lightly beaten

¼ teaspoon ground black pepper

½ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning

16 ounces crab meat

8 crappie fillets

Grated Parmesan, to taste

Instructions:

1. In a large bowl mix the first six ingredients (imperial sauce) together until well blended.

2. Add the crab meat and gently blend the sauce into the crab meat.


3. Place a piece(s) fish in the bottom of your prepared baking dish, and place of the crab imperial mixture on top of it.



4. Place the baking dish in a 350 degree preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.

I also made each of us a couple of crab stuffed Royal Red Shrimp for an appetizer. 


The Verdict:

I thought the stuffed crappie was delicious and while I really enjoyed it, Bev and Pat prefer having their crappie fried and crab as cakes in separate dishes as they are not fans of baked fish.  The stuffed shrimp were also very good but needed just a little time under the broiler to brown some more.  One of these days I'm going to turn loose of some of the kids inheritance and buy some jumbo lump crab meat.

I decided to try a leftover one for breakfast with an egg and while it was still very good, the egg flavor pretty well got lost.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

9/20/23 meal date


4 comments:

  1. Too bad the egg flavor got lost in the dish, but the yolky egg photo is excellent! Both the stuffed fish & shrimp look decadent and delicious to me--I love crab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take a servng of that shrimp please. Is Crab Imperial something I've ordered in an Asian restaurant? Something about it sounds so familiar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The web says imperial sauce originated in Maryland.

      Delete
  3. Hi Larry, Laurie and I just returned from another road trip...way too much food for sure. I'm not too much into crab but we were traveling with Bill and Bonnie...and both of them especially Bill...love crab. He had a soft shell crab sandwich, crab legs, crab dip and more. I like the dip OK...but I prefer the fish, clams and shrimp options. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments