Monday, September 11, 2023

Bev’s Ride, A Couple Of Dishes, and My Owie

Before we retired, we bought a 1976 red Corvette that was to be Bev’s retirement car but it mostly just sat in the garage until we sold it a few years ago.  Now, she sure looks good in this 2004 Ferrari with 30,000 miles.




Too bad it isn’t hers as it belongs to a friend who took her for a ride in it.

We recently made pulled pork quesadillas and as a taste test, we topped them with pico di gallo and salsa verde (a first for my favorite Mexican sauce).  I was very surprised that I preferred the pico.

As a dessert for this meal, Cindy made The Pioneer Woman’s Berry Cheesecake Icebox Pie and it  very good and even better the next day.


Saturday morning, I tripped stepping on to our concrete porch and made a one point landing on my forehead – serious pain and luckily I had a few Percoset pills left from hip surgery.  After lots of online research, I realized the damage was not serious and a trip to the doc was not necessary, but it sure does look bad as seen below: Sat. morning, Sun. morning, Sun. night.  Now, it’s Advil and regular icing.



After reading about black eyes, it seems I will look this way for many days and I now may know what a 90mph fastball to the face feels like.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

9/8 – 9/10/23 event dates

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I'm glad you're ok and I hope that eye heals quickly. The pulled pork quesadilla sounds tasty with either topping and the dessert has me drooling. Bev looks mighty cute in her friend's car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larry, Ouch! That looks like Bev took a club to your face...or at least that's the story I would use, blaming it on Laurie, if it were my face involved! That Ferrari sure does look good on Bev! If I managed to get in it, they'd have to call in a crane to get me out of it! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments