Sunday, July 30, 2023

Two Meals In & Two Meals Out, Three Italian & One Hispanic, All Good

Simple Pizza At Home

After making the Pepperoni Pizza Quiche for breakfast , we had leftover stuffing and Bev suggested a very simple pizza for supper – flour tortilla coated with olive oil, then jack cheese, topped with the Quiche stuffing and a little Parmesan & basil.  Simple but very good.

Two Ina Garten Dishes Ala Glennie

Cindy’s friend Glennie invited us all over for supper and she served Roasted Shrimp And Orzo sided with Tomatoes Roasted With Pesto and they were both delicious.  Plus she served my favorite white wine – Sauvignon Blanc.

Spaghetti And Meatballs

Bev stopped by The Italian Apron Marketplace in Maryville and purchased a pound of flower shaped semi-dried pasta, 8 meatballs and a quart of pasta sauce which we made into supper.  I fried the meatballs then cooked them in the sauce and cooked the pasta in salted water – it takes about half the time as normal dried pasta.  Bev said she could tell a positive taste difference in the pasta and we thought the sauce was very good, but we prefer Bev’s meatballs just a little but these are way easier - it was a very good meal.

Fish At Cielito Lindo

Friend Big Daddy Dave had mentioned a couple of times that he liked the tilapia meal at Cielito Lindo and during a recent trip for lunch, I decided to give it a try - one of their healthier meals.  When it came, I was shocked by the amount of food on this platter that was at least a foot long – for perspective, I think the rice pile was about 4” wide.  There were four pieces of very flavorful fish about the size of our crappie filets, the rice, and a large amount of cooked-perfect-for-me broccoli topped with six grilled shrimp and a white cheese sauce.  I managed to eat the fish and the shrimp and a bite or two each of the rice and broccoli.  I really enjoyed it and this may be my new go-to when we eat there.  Thanks Dave for the suggestion.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

7/18 - 7/22/23 meal dates

5 comments:

  1. Darn you, now I'm craving Spaghetti and meatballs! I like making little flour tortilla pizzas. Easy and just the right size for a snack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Larry, That roasted shrimp and tomato entrée is right in my wheelhouse! Despite avoiding greens due to my meds, how much can a little pesto hurt! Thanks for mentioning the Italian Apron Marketplace in Maryville. We'll have to check it out. Glad you enjoyed the Tilapia at Cielito Lindo and thanks for the mention... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larry, this week's meals were the bomb. A very enjoyable menu at home, a meal at a recommended restaurant, and a meal shared with good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure have been eating well! The tortilla pizza with leftover quiche ingredients is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Amazing! I love this.
    I also love cook with leo Recipe

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments