Friday, July 21, 2023

CAJUN SALMON

When Pam recently posted the recipe for Cajun spices on her “For The Love Of Cooking” blog she commented about the delicious Cajun Salmon her brother-in-law had made.  I immediately thought that we like Cajun and we have a salmon filet in the freezer so off I went in search of a recipe and there many on the web.  The recipe I settled on came from “Cooktoria” because I liked the combo of spices and sauce.  For the Cajun spice, I used my homemade Emeril’s Essence because I make it with no heat for Bev and Cindy then I just add it to mine.  For my three servings, I increased the sauce ingredients to get the recipe below.


CAJUN SALMON - Adapted from Cooktoria

Ingredients: 

3 salmon pieces, skin on (about 1½ lb.)

1 tbsp. olive oil

4½ tbsp. butter divided

4½ garlic cloves minced

¾ cup white wine your favorite kind

3 tbsp. chopped parsley

3 tbsp. lemon juice

Cajun seasoning to taste

Salt & pepper to taste

Instructions:

1. Season the salmon fillets with salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning.

2. Heat the oil in a medium, non-stick skillet over medium heat.

3. Cook the salmon fillets flesh-side down first, for 2-3 minutes then flip and cook the second side for 2-3 minutes.

4. Once cooked, remove them from the pan and set in an oven at 125F.

5. To the same pan, add 1½ tablespoon of butter and the garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Add the wine and cook for about 5 minutes, until it is reduced by more than half.

6. Stir in the remaining butter, parsley, lemon juice, and a pinch of Cajun seasoning. Bring to a gentle simmer.

7. Return the salmon to the pan, and cook to your desired internal temp (130F for me), baste with sauce while cooking.

8.Plate and top with a couple more spoons full of sauce.

We served the salmon with our first boiled corn of the year.  Corn on the cob is one of a few things that we generally only eat when we can get it fresh locally.  I brushed the salmon sauce on my corn.

The Verdict:

It was very good and a nice addition to our salmon recipes.  As expected, our first corn was outstanding and the sauce worked well on mine.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

7/14/23 meal date

5 comments:

  1. One of your best….corn was magnificent

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Cajun Salmon is a creative approach to preparing salmon. You would not usually associate salmon with Cajun spices. I like It!
    Btw, I have a twin out there somewhere!! Thanks for sharing that with me. I was traveling when I saw your comment and was not able to respond sooner.

    I hope you are staying cool in this incredibly hot summer.


    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO good! Love that last shot of the salmon with the sauce on top. Summer corn is so tasty right now & I bet it went paired nicely with the salmon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Larry, I agree with anonymous...this meal was one of most appealing I've see anywhere lately. Simple yet great combination with lots of pop too! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments