Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Turkey Salad with Dried Cranberries, Pecans, and Grapes

We were preparing for our first RV trip since last October and I always like to have something made up for a quick bite such as pimento cheese, or in this case turkey salad.  I use turkey breast because its so easy to just roast the breast, remove it from the bones and chop it up.  While bigger cubes of meat make for a nicer pic, I prefer mine smaller so I used the food processor for my chopping of the turkey and the celery.  The recipe for Turkey Salad with DriedCranberries, Pecans, and Grapes came from “Add A Pinch” and it called for four cups of chicken but, by weight, I had twice as much so I doubled everything to get the recipe below.


Turkey Salad - Adapted from Add A Pinch

Ingredients:

4 cups chopped cooked turkey breast (about 40 oz)

2 cup chopped celery (4 large stalks)

2 cup red seedless grapes quartered (I only had a cup)

1 cup dried cranberries (Craisins)

1 cup roasted pecans chopped

2 cup mayonnaise

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon ground black pepper

celery leaves chopped (optional)

Instructions:

1. Larry roasted the turkey without seasoning.

2. Add chopped turkey to a food processor and chop to desired size (pretty small for Larry)




3. Add the celery to the food processor and give it a few pulses.


4. Add the first five ingredients to a large bowl and stir together.





5. Mix Mayo, S&P together then stir into the other ingredients

We ate it for Sunday night supper and Bev had hers on lettuce (Bibb from the neighbors garden) but I opted for a sandwich with lettuce and tomato (our friends brought it ripe from Florida)

The Verdict:

Mine may not be as photogenic as some but it tasted as good as any I’ve had and the texture is just the way I prefer it.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

05/07/23 meal date

6 comments:

  1. I wished we liked mayo but none of us do we even add olive oil and vinegar to our sandwiches sure look good though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our DIL is from the mid-west and they use butter on their sandwiches.

      Delete
  2. Larry, This turkey salad would be a big hit with Laurie! I'm more of a 'purist' or boring old guy. My version would include thin slices of celery, turkey and mayonnaise. Sometimes I get wild and add some shredded sharp cheddar cheese... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flavor and texture combination in there! What a tasty looking sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Recipe Thank you for sharing, Marge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea to swap in turkey for chicken. I love dried cranberries! I need to also remember to make this after Thanksgiving!
    Thanks for sharing another great recipe, Larry.
    ~ Roz

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments