Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Awesome Fried Bologna For Breakfast

We stopped by Benton’s Country Ham’s the other day so Eric could pick up some ham and bacon for his friends back home and Bev decided to buy a few thick slices of good bologna for frying so I decided to try some for breakfast.  The creation was an open-faced fried bologna breakfast sandwich.  It began with a slice of Bev’s homemade bread coated with Duke’s mayonnaise.


Then, I fried the bologna and after flipping I topped it with shredded cheddar and added an egg and lid to the pan.


When they were done, they went atop the bread

and finally, the yolk was smeared all over the top before I dug in.

It was absolutely delicious and deserving of its own blog post.  

The previous nights sandwich with fried bologna, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and mayo on homemade bread was also very good but I got no shots of it.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

10/20/22 meal date

3 comments:

  1. never had it with egg we make capanata which is with eggplant this is very different love fried bologna havent had since I lived in NY over 35 years ago guess its time again if I can find it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drooling! I haven't had a slice of bologna since I was a kid and I can only imagine how tasty it was on Bev's homemade bread with a perfectly cooked yolky egg. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larry, We love the bologna from Benton's! Thanks for reminding us about it... Love that breakfast! Nothing like a nice slab of fried bologna... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments