Wednesday, January 19, 2022

New Stairs & Weight Loss

Unfortunately, Kitty decided to begin using the bathroom inside the house sometime back and picked the stair landing as her spot.  We got her a litter box, which she quickly adapted to, but unfortunately the carpet on the landing was too far gone to save and it smelled pretty bad.  So, I ripped up the carpet on the whole stair case in late 2019 and began looking for our best option for the future and Bev decided she did not want to go back with carpet.

Then along came Covid-19 and any replacement plans were put on hold while we continued to explore our options all the while living with pine 2x12’s for our stairs.  In October, 2021, we finally decided to go back with the natural oak hardwood stairs that Bev originally wanted when we built the house 28 years ago and this is the final product.



I’ve mentioned before that I was facing another hip replacement and I finally decided the time had come but, unfortunately, as with the first replacement, I have some significant weight to lose and am using the same eating plan as last time – count calories, minimal carbs, intermittent fasting.  So far so good as I’m dropping 5-7 pounds per week.

I try to stay under 1000 calories per day and my typical daily meals look like this:

Breakfast: Two extra large eggs and a slice of Kentucky Legends Ham – 250 calories

Lunch: ½ cup of cottage cheese and a few cherry tomatoes or left over vegetables – 150 calories

Supper: Meat and salad or vegetables – 400-500 calories

Snacks if needed: Blueberries, celery and pimento cheese, nuts – 100 calories

While I’m not totally omitting carbs, I try to stick with complex carbs, as in beans, and avoid alcohol, bread, pasta, rice, and potato although I eat a little potato on occasion.

For the intermittent fasting, I don’t eat before 10am or after 6pm which gives me a 16 hour fast.

And since I can’t walk very far but need to speed up my metabolism, I got out the ole Bow Flex and do a little workout every other day.

My goal is for a mid-march surgery so I’ll be ready for RV season.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

01/10-1/14/22 event date

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a good plan to get to the weight you desire while still eating super tasty food. Sorry you have to get another hip replaced but am happy you will hopefully be pain free for the upcoming RV season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry, Love the look of those oak stairs! Classy... As for your diet and surgery, the good news is that you know that you can shed the weight as you've done it before. Nice diet plan... With my Afib, now sort of under control since they 'rebooted' me on Monday, I'm taking coumadin and leafy greens, broccoli, brussels sprouts, asparagus and the like negatively impact the meds unless I consistently eat the same amount of these items on a regular basis. At this point, a salad is a treat! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oak stairs look beautiful. We ripped out carpet on our upper level last Summer and put in LVP. We love it. So glad that carpet is gone. 5 - 7 pounds a week is a lot. And those carbs are the devil ... but so delicious. :) Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments