We had taken a piece of pork loin from the freezer and discovered six peaches in the fridge needing to be used and decided to make them into a meal. Our first thought was to simply grill the peaches as a side for the chops but then we thought a peach salsa would be better. I went on line for a peach salsa recipe and found one from Natasha’s Kitchen that even used some of our big bowl of cherry tomatoes. I made 1/3 of a recipe to get the one below but you can click on the link for the original recipe and many pics.
5 oz. cherry tomatoes
1½ oz. green bell pepper, finely diced
½ jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
¼ large red onion, finely diced
3 peaches, peeled & diced
¼ cup chopped cilantro
1 tbsp. lime juice
½ tsp. salt or to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 1” thick pork chops
S&P to taste
1. Quarter the tomatoes and transfer them to a large bowl.
2. Finely chop seeded bell pepper and jalapeño. Finely chop onion and transfer all your veggies to the bowl.
3. Dice the peaches in the size you like. Transfer peaches to your bowl.
4. Add chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt and tsp pepper and fold everything together until well mixed. Make a few hours in advance of cooking time.
5. Jaccard the chops and season, salt and pepper, and brush with peanut oil. (I didn’t have time to brine them or I would have).
6. Grill chops over medium high heat to an internal temperature of 138F then pull, tent, and rest for a few minutes.
7. Plate and top with salsa.
We served it with steamed cauliflower and cheese sauce using the food.com recipe - I used Smoked Gouda cheese.
We all thought both the salsa and the cheese sauce were very good making for a delicious meal. I like it when we can create a meal from things we have on hand (except cilantro).
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.
8/23/21 event date