Monday, November 25, 2019

My Jobs At Home

While the girls are in Florida, I have several jobs at home with the most important one being looking after the pups.  



Following that is cleaning out the fridge which includes eating or tossing leftovers, cleaning the shelves and drawers, and re-organizing.  I also try to eat things from the freezer that I know Bev doesn’t like, such as lima beans.

She is an unabashed carnivore and I don’t know if it’s her mind or body that tells her she needs meat with her meals and I’ve never once seen her order a veggie plate in a restaurant.  In an effort to accomplish two of my objectives, I made an all veggie meal for this supper consisting of broccoli, spinach, and lettuce from the fridge and baby limas from the freezer.


I just steamed the broccoli with some S&P then added Parmesan, sautéed the spinach in olive oil with some garlic and parmesan, cooked the limas in water then drained and added some butter, and made the lettuce into salad.  This made for a tasty and healthy meal and I had enough leftovers for another one.

While I was being healthy at home the girls were walking and doing yoga on the beach and Pat went paddle boarding.






Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

11/21/19 event date

5 comments:

  1. We try to do vegetarian meals a couple times a week. Your meal looked tasty! Glad they girls are having such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get Bev and the carnivore thing, me too, but I do love lima beans too! Vegetarian meals don't work here, esp for dinner. Your dogs are adorable!!! I'm working on getting one since the cats have passed on but I'm the only one who wants a dog. Woo hoo, girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in ..........................beach also in January.......................HRB..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lovely and very healthy dinner! The dogs look so cute☺ Love yoga, have a lovely day☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taking care of those pups looks exhausting! :) I love that Pat went paddle boarding! Fun. Yoga on the beach looks fabulous. I'm really enjoying all the updates. For us, we're waking up to a foot of snow this morning. Good day to cook my Thanksgiving pies.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments