Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Girls

In past posts, I’ve frequently referred to me and my girls and I’ll spend the rest of my life sleeping on the couch if it gets back to Bev that I posted a picture of her – but, shh, I’m doing it anyway, she never reads my blog. Beverly’s dad and brother-in-law both passed a few years ago and since then it’s been me and my girls for many dinners, going on vacation, etc. In the picture, Bev is on the right, her sister Pat is on the left and Jo, the matriarch, is in the middle. This shot was on the beach in Marco Island, Florida, where we have a timeshare and go once a year. Jo lives with Pat and they live about 1 ½ miles away by road and about ½ mile by boat.


The title pic is taken from our condo balcony.

During my brief blogging career, I’ve tried to post something nearly everyday, but for the next week it may be more hit or miss. Bev, her sister, and a friend are heading off Wednesday for a week at the beach. This leaves me to look after Alex, the pets and the MIL (the first part of next week). So, I won’t be cooking as many special meals for just me – Alex eats little of what I eat – and I’ll be busier then normal looking after things. So I hope you’ll continue to stop by, but don’t be surprised if there’s nothing new to read.

Have a great day.

Larry

11 comments:

  1. I'm sure the gals are going to have a great time. Think of how quiet the house will be :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great time for you and your granddaughter to spend some special time together. Have fun and don't worry about us---we'll be right here when you get back to posting!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh course we'll stop by!! I don't know how people keep up with posting every single day myself - it's rare that I can get something up more than 3-4 times a week max so I totally relate!

    This post was sweet and I'm sure Bev would forgive you anyway! My baby brother used to refer to me and my sister as "my girls." Sweet memories.

    Beautiful view from the condo - I love living down here along the Gulf Coast!! I've never been to Marco Island though, but as close as that is to The Keys I know it's beautiful!

    Enjoy your quiet time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable that you're sneaking in a picture of the girls! Food for you holding down the fort . . . sounds like you'll have your hands full. You post so much, I feel like a total slacker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vickie - I think Bev would argue that I need to spend less time blogging, get off my behind, and go do something productive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo! I promise not to tell Bev.

    Have agreat week. We will all be here when you return. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was out of the house for 2 days for surgery in late January, and even with the "help" of our 25 year old unemployed son, my dearly beloved had a misery of a time keeping up with the 2 little boys. So, just have fun with Alex and the pets! See you when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell the girls rto party like rock stars and alone time was when i first made bread and practice some fancy mixed drinks... two of my favorite things to do now... experiment a little. If nothing else, feed the dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect timing, by the time she gets back, she'll have forgotten you posted this and you don't have to sleep on the couch, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post Larry. You are obviously so proud of those girls or you wouldn't have posted that photo. How can they complain about that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the header of ur blog...its so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments