Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Just Us Guys

My three girls, along with our neighbor, headed out Saturday morning for the annual two week visit to our time share condo in Marco Island, FL leaving me and the three male dogs to look after things on the home front. 

Sunday morning they went to my favorite breakfast place on the island to have some delicious looking meals.  Hoots is open for breakfast and lunch, seven days a week and both meals are excellent especially when they make their own delicious bread for sandwiches and toast – I love their rye.  You can click on the link to check out the menu.  

This is the look off the condo balcony.


Here are the girls headed to Hoots and shots of their meals, one Veggie Benedict - Spinach, tomato, broccoli & mushrooms topped with homemade Hollandaise Sauce.








And three Tumbleweed Pasta’s - Eggs scrambled with scallions, tomatoes, mushrooms and angel hair pasta, topped with jack & cheddar cheese. 


All included toasted homemade bread and they were fine looking meals for $8.50, don’t you think – they made me jealous and I believe that is why I got the shots from them.

In times past, we made up lots of food for me to eat on but since I’ve been doing most of the cooking lately, I’ll just keep doing what I’d been doing but cooking for one.  But before doing any supper cooking, I ate up all of the leftovers in the fridge which took a couple of days, but I did boil up a pound of Royal Red Shrimp to use in dishes and while it wasn’t Hoot’s, I had a pretty good breakfast Monday morning.

I beat three medium eggs and added them to my pan with a lid and only removed it once when the eggs had set some to lift the eggs and let the uncooked egg run underneath.  


In the meantime I cut up three shrimp and nuked them for 30 seconds to reheat.  When the eggs were nearly done, I added the shrimp to one half of the eggs.


I added back the lid for a minute or so and then slide the omelet out on my plate and flipped the other half over the shrimp.  Then I added a little homemade remoulade sauce and thoroughly enjoyed my low-carb meal.


Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

11/16-11/18/19 event dates

7 comments:

  1. Larry, A short term Bachelor and his 'buddies' forced to make do on their own. Should be peaceful. The ladies look very happy...and FYI, I'd take your breakfast over theirs any day! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to be eating pretty darn well at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have fun Florida is nice right now and enjoy your time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always look forward to your cooking adventures when the ladies are in Florida. Looks like you're off to a grand start. And I love that pasta dish from Hoots! I'd order that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great breakfast! Glad your girls are having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad the girls are having a fun & tasty time. Your breakfast looks very gourmet and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know how to feed yourself, for sure! That omelet looks pretty tasty! Sounds like the girls will have a great 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments