Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ye Olde Steakhouse For Breakfast

Before reading any further, please head over to Big Daddy Dave's blog and read his post to set the stage for mine.

Prior to the holidays, friends Laurie and David mentioned that Ye Olde Steak House in Knoxville was one of the places on their go-to list and since Bev and I haven’t been in years, we made a post-holiday plan. It’s a place that has been in business since 1968, burned and rebuilt, and still serves a very good steak. If you look at the menu, you’ll notice it is indeed a steakhouse with only a few other options. It has even been featured on The Travel Channels Man vs. Food.

I ordered the medium rare porterhouse with salad and fried potatoes & onions all along planning for the next days breakfast - surprised aren't you?  I brought home half the potatoes and the filet side of the steak (and of course the bone for the dogs) and had this.  Not much for presentation, but it was real tasty.


Just another basic breakfast meal at Almost Heaven South. I would have doctored the taters with some cheese, bacon, and such, but I’m cutting back a little.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

Larry

11 comments:

  1. I'm not usually a big meat eater but the one meat I occasionally crave is steak. This looks like one beautifully cooked piece of meat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you lived closer, I would stop by for breakfast on my way to work...!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you may find this site interesting, especially this morning as it deals with cooking/processing a hog head.
    Chickens in the Road (Suzanne McMinn). By the way, it comes out of Almost Heaven West, by God, Virginia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I did as I was told and read Dave's post. Nice write up and pics. I think I would have ordered the shrimp live Bev did and then asked for about 20 bites of Hub's steak. That porterhouse looks good. I love having leftover steak for breakfast. This looks delicious Larry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Larry... It figures! On the morning you post your Ye Olde Steak House breakfast, I have a banana smoothie breakfast and then I'm confronted by a "real" breakfast on your blog site! Looks sooo fine... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good steak and eggs! I don't think I ever got to Ye Olde Steak House. I'll have to try to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It makes for a great breakfast to take leftovers and incorporate them into eggs or something! It's fun to use your creativity and see what you come up with. This is the best one I've come up with. It was amazing!
    http://mikaspantry.blogspot.com/2011/01/garlicky-parmesan-egg-steak-sandwiches.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never eaten there, Larry... We don't go out Chapman Highway much --but I hope we'll check it out sometime...

    Thanks!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I should never read your blog hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm laughing at the "cutting back a little" line . . . having eggs on potatoes as a side to steak would be a pretty good splurge for me. That looks so good, Larry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't eaten there but did see the MvF episode. I bet their business will be hurt until they reopen the Henley St Bridge, was it crowded much? What did you think of the steaks.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments