I still owed Kathy and Cindy a lunch as part of their 2025 Christmas present and Pat (SIL) is still with us recovering from her knee replacement so we all went to lunch on this day. I’m sure you know that I watch Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives regularly and Guy frequently visits oriental restaurants. As I watch these restaurants, one of the things that always appeals to me is steamed dumplings but they are rare on restaurant menus around here. I recently discovered a Maryville restaurant simply named Thai Cuisine and since they had great reviews and dumplings on the menu, it became a must try.
The restaurant is located in a small strip mall in South
Maryville and this was our first visit to it.
Here we are getting ready to order. I can't believe how much I resemble my Dad in the shot.
Our first order was for the dumpling (Steamed or fried stuffed with ground shrimp, pork, and water chestnut served with light soy sauce) and the pot sticker (Pan-fried dumplings filled with chicken, cabbage, and green onions, served with a house dipping sauce) appetizers which came with five of each – perfect. Would you believe I forgot the pics but this was when we were finished 😊
As it turned out, the dumplings looked just like these from the web.
But I was looking for something more like these which I think may be the Chinese version.
And our pot stickers looked like these – I forgot to order fried.
For our meals, Cindy ordered a Papaya Salad And Spring Rolls (got no pic) and Pat ordered General Tso's Chicken - Fried breaded chicken sautéed in special sauce. Served with steamed broccoli and carrots. $18.95.
Kathy had the Cashew Nut Special With Chicken - Cashew nuts, onions, mushrooms, carrots, scallions, water chestnuts, bell peppers, snow peas, and special house sauce. $18.95
Bev’s choice was Kung Pao Chicken - Stir-fried with bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, peanuts, zucchini and special house sauce. $18.95
I may have eaten a curry dish one other time so I decided I needed to branch out and try one so I went with Massaman Curry (with chicken) - Massaman curry paste with broccoli, onions, bell peppers, potatoes, and peanuts. $19.95. Like many of their meals, I had my choice of several proteins to go in my dish.
We don’t eat much oriental food but I would go to Thai Cuisine again to have it.
Photos can be slightly enlarged
by clicking on them and the blue words are links.
Have a
great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.
Larry
8/5/26
event date










No comments:
Post a Comment
I appreciate and enjoy your comments